Our mission is to uplift self-published/indie authors with social media events.
Our goal is to be an avenue of promotion for self-published authors via social media events and more. We also provide advice for authors through personal experiences of the self-publishing process and promotion.
What’s the Process?
- On the day of an #indiemad event, our hashtag will be used along with genre tags. (A listing of these will be available soon.)
- The author will “pitch” their work in order to get attention of readers/reviewers/content creators.
- ANYONE can like/retweet. This is very much encouraged. Readers/reviewers/content creators will comment, either with the fact that they bought the book, are interested, or directing the author to submit their work to be blogged/interviewed about.
What are the rules?
- Visuals ARE allowed in the #indiemad process. Feel free to link book trailers, book samples, images, and more, but it has to be contained in ONE tweet.
- A link to the book may in a reply tweet, but the pitch should not runoff on the reply tweet, nor should there be additional images added. You want everything presented right there and at a glance.
- You are not allowed to participate with works that promote hate speech.
- Copying someone else’s pitch is not only wrong, but entirely pointless as you’d just be promoting for a book already published. Although, if you would like to promote someone else’s work and get their permission to do so, this is acceptable.
- You have a limit of 5 pitches per day, so make them count!
- You CAN pitch preorders, but INDICATE that it is a preorder clearly!